Monday, February 25, 2013

EduBlogger: The P.E. Geek

The edublogger I chose to write on is The P.E. Geek AKA Mr. Robbo AKA Jarrod Robinson. He is a physical education teacher from Australia. He is a large believer in mobile education since it is useful for a mobile class such as physical education (go figure!).

On his blog, Mr. Robbo posts a lot of great apps to use with Android and iOS devices. There is everything from attendance, to assessment, and even games with the rules and all equipment needed. There is a small fee for the apps, but they would be very useful from my phys ed point of view. For a complete list of the apps, click here.

The main reason I decided to follow Mr. Robbo is simply because it is a phys ed blog (my first teachable). I've sifted through a good number of blogs and found a decent number that were focused on math (my other teachable), but I wanted to focus on phys ed and increase my resource list for that subject. Following this blog will do that, and more for me. It is incredible the number of resources, apps, and ideas that are presented on the blog. It was very overwhelming to start into it because of this reason, but after awhile, I learned to sit back, breathe, and just click and read away!

Looking more in depth at the apps available on the website, I could not bring myself to paying for them at this point. HOWEVER, when I am actually making money teaching instead of paying money to be taught, it will be a different story. There are some great videos explaining each of them on Youtube.


Follow The P.E. Geek...
Blog: http://thepegeek.com/
Twitter: @mrrobbo
Youtube: jazrob86

No comments:

Post a Comment