Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PLE's & PLN's

What does mine look like?

If I were to actually look at what my network was like even two years ago, the web would be much smaller. There would be no Twitter (Thanks to Mike for making it mandatory!), Maple, Google Reader, FaceTime or Skype, Ning, Moodle, or even Gmail. So that basically leaves me with Facebook, Hotmail, and YouTube. My network WAS basic, IS decent now, and WILL continue to get larger and more useful as time goes on.

And what would the 21st Century student's look like?

As for a student, I feel as though they are not connected through a lot of different resources, but connected a lot through one resource (ie. Facebook!). This may just be my opinion, but it seems like every time I see a student on their cell phone or a computer, there is always a tab with Facebook running. Even if it's in the background, it's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment