Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Guest Speaker = Blogger Mind Sleeping...

So for week 6 of the course, we did not have a guest speaker in class which lead my brain to log out of Blogger (and even log out of the course to an extent... oops!). This then posed a problem when I looked at the weekly blog post guide and it said to post about things we were talking about... umm... can a get a whole post out of that? I just heard my brain yell back "No... was on vacation!", so I guess that option is out. Which leads me to look at what has arose while going through this course.

Looking back at the tech tasks, there were a few that came easily, and a few not so much. There were also a few that intimidated me before even reading the description of them.

TT #4: RSS Reader & feed - "OH MY GOD! WHAT ON EARTH IS A RRS OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED?!?" *thinking to myself... why did I switch out of phys ed methods?*
Now after actually taking time to read what a RSS Reader was, and maybe getting some hints on the best one to use, I took the big jump to reader.google.com and couldn't believe what I actually saw. "Was this all there was to setting up a feed? All I have to do is enter their blog address and BAM it's on there? No way!" Conundrum #1 solved!

TT #5: Organize your cool sites! (Bookmarking) - "Ugggggghhhhhhhh................ Pinterest..............."
Since then, I have learned there are more bookmarking sites out there other than Pinterest (although... as much as I don't want to admit it... I am spending much more time on that darn site than I should be!). I tried my hand at Diigo to start with. My short patience showed with this site, and it was onto Peartrees I go! I found much more relief using Pearltrees as soon as I signed up. I love how it is laid out (I have many pet peeves, and a non-uniform layout is one of them... Darn you Pinterest once again). I like how I can see everything right there on the main screen, and if I want to go further down the "tree", I just have to click on it and it will open only those branches. Diigo just seemed too much like opening my favorites bar on the browser (which I have laid out in folders too).

These were definitely my two most "adventurous" tech tasks to date. I'm sure there will be more as I hammer through the remainder of them in the next week, but those will be another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment